Tuesday, March 22, 2011

productive tuesday

I teach 10-12th graders in the Discovery Center at my school- basically the students come to me as an elective in groups of 2 or 3 daily- I am a support class and I make sure they have what they need for the week organizationally, know what is going on, reteach any missed information, and I make sure they are receiving any 504 accommodations in the classroom. Today, the 11th graders were out on a field trip so I only had to be at school for 3 periods today. The problem was I had to come for first, was off 2 and 3, had to come for 4th, off for lunch and 5th, and then back for 6th- so it was back and forth all day. Luckily I live within 7 minutes of school so it wasn't a big deal.

I was super productive today in my off time! I dropped off clothes at the thrift store- then I went next door to a feed and seed shop and picked up a flat of vegetables to plant in my garden. I had bought some packs of seeds earlier this year, but it just takes the seeds so long to grow- and I am a bad gardener in that seed stage when you have to grow them in the little cups. Today I bought watermelon, eggplant, yellow squash, cucumber, zucchini, and thyme.

On my second break of the day I went to the grocery store because I was in a baking mood and then went home to fold laundry (bleh).

When I came home today I planted my plants- my garden is really full now!


Altogether I have strawberries, lettuce, red and yellow peppers, eggplant, squash, zucchini, cucumber, onions, watermelon, and asparagus.

Raspberries

Blueberries

It was so nice out today that I decided to lay out in the backyard this afternoon.

Dieter friends LOOK AWAY NOW!

I really was in a baking mood and I had strawberries in the refrigerator that I didn't want to spoil so I decided to make a pound cake.. I realize that you can eat strawberries without pound cake, but where is the fun in that? I also had read on a blog today about Rocky Road Rice Krispie treats- Yum- so I made those too!

These will rock your world! I may or may not have eaten a large portion of this before it made it to the pan

Rocky Road Rice Krispie Treats from the Tasty Kitchen Blog.. here is the recipe. (I added more marshmallows (1 1/2 c) and rice krispies- 2 cups and a a little oil)

  • 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • ½ cups Peanut Butter
  • ½ cups Nutella
  • ½ cups Mini Marshmallows
  • ¼ cups Pecans
  • ¾ cups Rice Krispies
Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and nutella for 2 minutes in the microwave.I melted some marshmallows too. Stir.
Mix in the extra marshmallows and pecans. Fold in the Rice Krispies.
Pour mixture into a well-greased 8×8 glass baking dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Optional: top with extra pecan pieces and marshmallows.

After I made that I made my great grandmother's pound cake. The miracle of the day is that the pound cake came out of the pan perfectly.. the little things make me happy :-)


Saying a little prayer over the pound cake for it to come out beautiful and not stuck

Pound cake success!

 See?!

If only I could make some money out of all of this baking love.


This picture is from a vacation 2 years ago- The cup says "I do many things well.. none of which generate income" Story.of.my.life.



I cooked dinner somewhere in the middle of all of this dessert eating, but that can be for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment