Monday, March 21, 2011

Chef Soiree

Last night we got the opportunity to go to a fundraiser in Covington it was an absolute blast! All kinds of local restaurants were there giving out samplings of their food and drinks. We were full within the first 30 minute, but don't worry, we powered through!


We took this picture in front of my dad's moving truck to text him and say thank you for the tickets!

This was the best food of the night from The Chimes- chargrilled oyster, raw oyster w/cocktail sauce, and a bacon wrapped shrimp


Mushroom Ravioli- from Carmello's- it was so good, but we were soooo full at this point I could only fit a few bites.


Crabcake from Friends

Cheesecake with banana's foster topping from Copeland's- this wasn't my piece because I'm allergic to bananas- I had a plain one which was delicious

These are the plate/trays they give you when you walk in- there is a cup holder too


The event is held in Bogue Falaya Park on the river- so pretty

The New Orleans' Hornets had a booth that you could play Plinko and win free stuff- somehow John David ended up with everything- 2 shirts, Hornets Mardi Gras beads, a hat, and a basketball

we wanted to take a picture in front of the alligator arch- we got some random guy to take the photo- he started off by holding the camera upside down, so off center in the arch is doing great comparatively!

The cool alligator on the arch

The gates as we were leaving

All in all there were 7 or 8 tents full of vendors- we ate and ate and ate- the food pictured was just from one stop. I had some delicous white chocolate bread pudding that I wish I had stopped to take a picture of, but I was too busy eating- bread pudding is my absolute favorite dessert- if I see it on a menu I almost always have to order it. We didn't stay for the fireworks this year (because I had to teach in the morning), but my house is within walking distance of the park so I could see them over the tree line at my house which was a nice treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment