Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Recipes.. Part 2



Greek Potato Salad
5 lbs boiled red potatoes quartered
8 oz feta cheese
2 cans drained artichoke hearts
2 cucumbers chopped and quartered


For the dressing I originally made a lemon vinaigrette- 1/2 c olive oil 1 T vinegar 2 lemons squeezed- I realized this was too lemony after I had drenched my potato salad with it- so I added half of a bottle of Greek vinaigrette- my potato salad was swimming a little, but it helped balance it.

** Warning this salad is very very light- as we found out on Sunday all Mediterranean food has this same lemony light flavor- I overheard one of my siblings say on Sunday that, "this just tastes like potatoes with dressing".. haha


Okay.. onto my last dish I made- Greek Green beans with Tomatoes


Greek Green Beans
2.5- 3 lbs fresh green beans- cut
2 fresh tomatoes- chopped
2 c onions
handful of almonds
2-3 t sugar
oregano
paprika
salt
1/2 c olive oil

Saute the onions in olive oil until clear, then add green beans- saute for 5 minutes or so- add tomatoes and the other ingredients- turn down on low and simmer with top on for 45 min to an hour.

I liked this one a lot- it is a different green bean dish and a little sweet and I loved the tomatoes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment