Wednesday, May 4, 2011

what I've been up to

Just a warning.. this is a picture heavy post. I feel like I haven't updated in forever.. I'm going to try to get back into the habit of posting daily again. I just feel like since spring break I have been completely zonked and really busy and all of my spare time has been spent catching up on sleep so I don't have much energy for blogging.

This weekend John David and I drove down to the Gulf Coast and shopped a little in Gulfport then we drove along the beach. It was really fun, we had no idea how close the beach was so we want to plan a day trip soon. Waveland is only about 35 minutes away and Gulfport is a little over an hour away. As you can see in the pictures the area is still ravaged from Katrina and it has been almost 6 years. The majority of the waterfront lots are vacant.. some are still living in RVs on their property and a fair amount of people have rebuilt.





Bank vault standing alone on an empty lot















On Sunday, John David and I went to our family's camp in Mississippi and met up with my mom, my sister, and some of her friends. We had a great time cooking out and exploring the creek. John almost stepped on a snake with his bare foot though.. scarrry. Sunni Dog had the best time of all running and digging in the sand and I was really impressed with her sticking her head all the way underwater in the creek.






some kind of blue bellied gecko








Bailey never made it to the water..

Ryann

Sunni LOVED the creek

1 comment: