Monday, August 15, 2011

first day of school

Today was the first day of school! This is my second year teaching at Northlake Christian, and I love it because that is the school I went to from 1st-12th. Here is a picture of me on my first day of first grade.




First day of 11th grade and 2nd grade for Bailey


First day of junior year in college. We thought it would be funny to take posed first day of school pictures with our backpacks on like we did when we were kids.


Today went very smoothly- I have 15 students (10th-12th). Since I am a support class, we didn't have
much to do since they had just started their classes so we played banana grams and caught up from the summer.

While I was in NC this summer I bought some dry erase boards to keep under their desks so we could do practice problems on them without wasting paper. I also have supply boxes under the students' desks. I only have 2-3 kids at a time. Today 2 of my boys were sitting and I walked out of the room and I hear "Oh cool!!" and they have the dry erase boards out and their expo markers coloring away. These are my 12th graders. I love the little things :-)




Another thing I have in my room is a homework sticker chart. Yes I teach 10-12th graders.. but the sticker chart gets very competitive!

See my sign posted? It says "Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space"

To top off this exhausting day, Susie found 5 kittens. They are about 10 days old abandoned on someones driveway. So we have wake up in the middle of the night to feed bottle baby kittens. I will post pictures when I get them up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment